TeamViewer alternative

Sophi

Hi! I need some advice. Are there any free alternatives to TeamViewer? Whenever I try to use Teamviewer, it seems like they think I'm using it for commercial purposes and cut off my connection. I'm curious about what apps you use.
Thanks a bunch for your help!

Sure, there are several alternatives to TeamViewer that offer similar functionality for personal use. Here are some of the most popular ones:

1. **AnyDesk**: Similar to TeamViewer, AnyDesk is a very reliable and popular remote desktop tool. It boasts high performance with low latency. You can use it for both commercial and non-commercial purposes. The free version is comprehensive enough for personal use.

2. **Chrome Remote Desktop**: This is a free and easy-to-use tool from Google. All you need is the Google Chrome browser installed on both devices. It supports multi-platform including Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.

3. **UltraVNC**: VNC, or Virtual Network Computing, is a sharing system that allows you to remotely control one computer from another. UltraVNC is a robust, easy-to-use, and free remote desktop software that uses VNC technology.

4. **Microsoft Remote Desktop**: This is a free tool from Microsoft that allows you to access your Windows PC from another Windows machine or from a mobile device. It's great for Windows users and businesses with a variety of remote working needs.

5. **Zoho Assist**: Yet another great alternative to TeamViewer, Zoho Assist comes with loads of features even in the free plan. It is user-friendly and reliable tool for remote support, remote access and even screen sharing.

6. **LogMeIn Hamachi** Hamachi by LogMeIn is one of the most popular free VPN softwares. It creates a virtual network, and once connected, you will be able to access all the shared files and folders on your network. However, Hamachi isn't a direct remote access software but it does pave the way for you to access your system remotely by setting up a network.

7. **NoMachine** is a free remote desktop application that has stacks of powerful features. It includes a useful data compression feature that really helps to lower the amount of data used.

Remember, different tools have different strengths and features, so you need to choose the one that fits your specific needs best.

AnyDesk is a solid alternative, though the free version has its limitations.
You can also use the built-in remote desktop software for Windows.
Another option HelpWire: Free And Simple Remote Support I've been using it for a few months now. It's completely free and has all the essential features.

Back
Top Bottom